Caution - Mature Subjects - Grownups Only!





Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fifty of these are out there, somewhere


BDSM Emblem

BDSM Emblem
by
webcarve

Get this custom keychain at Zazzle

Someone just ordered fifty copies of this BDSM Emblem keychain from my Zazzle store. I've made a few sales here and there of this image, which I think of as stunningly beautiful, but this is my first bulk sale - and it tells me that someone thinks they can resell 49 of them. (I hope they want one for their OWN keys!)

The whole point to the BDSM emblem (and my own varient) is to discreetly advertise interest in the art and orientation of BDSM. But of late, I've been coming to think of BDSM as being far more about what people agree NOT to do, as opposed to what they prefer to do.

First and foremost, BDSM is a system of ethics - and the more I think of it, the more I realize that the ethics devised for sadomasochistic games apply to any form of power exchange. Like, say, US Citizenship.

The first statement of the ethos of BDSM is "Safe, Sane and Consentual." Well, when you think of it, our current administration operates on values that mean that none of the above is true, and by these standards, any member, up to and including George Bush would be ejected from any BDSM group as conspicuous perps and abusers.

George, when you cannot even aspire to the moral standards of we who proudly describe ourselves as "drooling, giggling, *twirling* perverts" ... maybe it's time to take a break from public life. I understand you are still probably welcome in Dubai.


No comments:

Digital_Erotic_Feminity Pool

World Sex News